How Many More Weeks Until Your Big Wedding?
These last few nights have been pretty dull.
As your youngest daughter began her junior year and is now able to drive herself to and from classes and her activities, you and your husband are trying to transition into a different schedule. You have gone on walks. You have binge watched a number of shows. You have talked about the next day’s and the next week’s schedules. You have struggles to fill the silences.
And then your husband surprised you.
Just when you thought that you could not bear another evening without anything new to talk about, your husband walked in and suggested that you start taking ballroom dancing lessons. The suggestion, to say the least, caught you off guard. It was a great suggestion, but you were surprised none the less. Surprised because the two of you have actually tried to take dance lessons before, but it has never really worked. Your husband always says that he is too clumsy. You admit that you are too bossy, and always want to try to lead. Your husband, however, is willing to give the ballroom dancing another try.
The theory, according to your husband, is that at some point your two daughters are going to have weddings and that means that you will have to dance. And since the two of you have so much time on your hand, the ball room dancing classes and practices might finally work.
The First Dance for a Bride and Groom Is a Traditional Part of the Wedding Celebration
Whether you are the happy couple or the parents of the happy couple, you will miss out on an important part of the celebration if you are not ready to enjoy the wedding dance. Taking the time to enroll in ballroom dancing classes, in fact, can help you enjoy the night even more. Wedding dance lessons the happy couple and the parents be ready for the time in the spotlight.
Even if you are not getting ready for a wedding, consider this information about the benefits of dance and the exercise that it provides, as well as the industry itself:
- Charleston dance classes can be a fun addition to a Great Gatsby themed party.
- A night out dancing is a great way to get exercise and enjoy your favorite kind of music at the same time.
- Nearly 80% of adults do not meet the guidelines for both aerobic and muscle-strengthening activities, and more than 80% of adolescents do not do enough aerobic physical activity to meet the guidelines for youth.
- Increasing exercise is a great way for American’s to improve their health. Unfortunately, fewer than 5% of adults participate in 30 minutes of physical activity each day, and only 33% of adults receive the recommended amount of weekly physical activity they need.
- Having weekly dance class gives participants a chance to add another 30 to 60 minutes of physical activity to their week.
- A ballroom dancing class teaches coordination while students are introduced and get to practice various popular dances.
- Very few wedding dances limit the kind of music that they play, often mixing in country line dancing songs, popular slow dancing music, and other songs that encourage large group participation.
- Estimates indicate that 165 is the average number of guests at a wedding.
- The waltz is a slow and graceful two person dance that was first introduced in mid-19th century. The music of the famous composer Johann Strauss helped to popularize this style of music.
- Having a host couple at a wedding dance is common in some parts of the country.
- In places where host couples are common, they often lead the wedding march.
- Statistics show that 44,230 weddings take place each weekend.
- Dancing for an hour, means that the average 150-pound person burns 240 calories.
- Are you ready for your next dance event?
- Not knowing how to dance can leave you on the sidelines at the next wedding that you attend.
- Classes for ballroom dancing often teach as many as 10 different styles of dance patterns.
- Everyone can learn to dance. Taking a class, however, gives you a better chance of feeling comfortable out on the floor.
Whether you are the bride, the mother of the groom, or the most single person at the reception, will you be ready when someone asks CAN I HAVE THIS DANCE?